Wouldn't use any other supplier

Give valuable feedback about how we are doing as a business.
Solodex

Wouldn't use any other supplier

Post by Solodex »

I figured it was time to finally do a review on here.

Our OM team has been purchasing wood from Specialized Balsa since the beginning of the 2002 season. His weighed sticks are so helpful to structure building and save so much money because you can get the weights that you need at a price per stick that's less than buying bulk "light", "medium", or "heavy" from another company like Sig. The sticks always are dimensionally accurate and we have never had a problem with them.

Regards,

Nate
HazE

Post by HazE »

Is there any where else to go?

Ive used jake for 4 years now and have had good luck using his products, We've bought more than just balsa wood.
Solodex

Post by Solodex »

For building equipment, glue etc you could go to a hobby store, but Jake has some things you can't find elsewhere. I have Jake's column and glue testers from back when he was actually making them and they work really well.

For wood, most teams actually get their wood through the OM website or through one of the big companies like Sig Manufacturing, National Balsa, and Lone Star Balsa. Most times don't know about Jake's site or that not all balsa wood is created equally as far as density, especially the newer teams at regionals. I always end up telling at least a few new teams at regionals and states every year about Jake's site and the reason his sticks by weight are better than the a generic pack of balsa.
49erEngineering

Post by 49erEngineering »

Thank you so much Jake! All your help and hard work to get the UNC-Charlotte team everything we needed for our ASCE Carolina's Conference Team helped us to 1st in the Balsa Bridge competition! To those who don't know, Specialized Balsa is the only place to buy materials. The customer service I received and the quality of the wood was wonderful. I can't thank you enough and look forward to doing more business with you in the future.
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

Glad to have the opportunity to give Jake and crew a big thumbs up. This is such a valuable resource. The Balsa Selection Service is top notch. But the tools are great also. The pocket scale Jake sells is just great and way cheaper than what I've found on other sites. Customer Service is top-notch, too.

Count us very happy customers for 5 years now.

Return to “Customer Feedback”