Update

admin
Site Admin

Update

Post by admin »

Well, it took a while to get online but it is here finally. Hopefully it is quite spam resistant. I will be giving out $5.00 gift certificates to posters that post 50 or more legitimate postings. They will be for my online store. I would suggest getting a strength tester with it. Experiment with the site and let me know if there is anything that needs improvement.
Jake Zimmer
jake@specializedbalsa.com
Specialized Balsa Wood, LLC
405 8th Street SE Unit #2
Loveland, CO 80537-6491
(970) 461-WOOD (9663) Phone
(970) 461-9662 Fax
http://www.specializedbalsa.com
soccers56

right here...

Post by soccers56 »

One minor detail which would be nice is if the subject of the post was just a little larger or more easily noticable. But its only a very minor detail, although it would be nice.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
ClarkInMI

Post by ClarkInMI »

Would be nice if when you got to either end of the topics if a message would come up saying there are no more new topics, but still keep the previous and next topic navigation buttons available at the top right instead of forcing viewer to return to index page and start over. That way the viewer could back up if they came to the end, or go forward if they have backed up to the beginning.
ClarkInMI
ClarkInMI

Post by ClarkInMI »

And another thing, I can see where my signature block is getting applied at the bottom of my messages, but how do you embed the graphics in the column to the left of your message as Jake has done with his "broken tower" and somebody else has done with their "tie dyed" graphic?
ClarkInMI
ClarkInMI

Post by ClarkInMI »

Never mind, I discovered the Avatar setting in my Profile. Let's here it for blues guitarists!
ClarkInMI
NYBuilder

Post by NYBuilder »

My avatar is actually a fractal, though it looks like a tie-dyed image. Its a math produced image with fractional dimensions, between one and two. This site explains them more: http://www.jracademy.com/~jtucek/math/fractals.html
I'll probably rotate fractals throughout the year.
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

The new forum looks very good. The logo is very nice. But I don't quite understand the dog/wolf picture :D
admin
Site Admin

Bobcat Carving Picture

Post by admin »

Garrett,

The picture is from my neighbor who carves things out of basswood. It's an example of how to use basswood. I have a carving out of balsa wood from a customer that I might put on my front page -- haven't decided yet though.
Jake Zimmer
Loveland, CO 80537-6491
(970) 461-9662 Fax
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Oh, so it is a carving. I thought it was real. Wow, it is extremely well done.
GmL

Post by GmL »

I really like this forum as well...i've seen many that follow the same format, but i must say that this is the most attractive one. Also love the really big avatars! :D
UofI

Post by UofI »

NYBuilder wrote:My avatar is actually a fractal, though it looks like a tie-dyed image. Its a math produced image with fractional dimensions, between one and two. This site explains them more: http://www.jracademy.com/~jtucek/math/fractals.html
I'll probably rotate fractals throughout the year.
Anyone guess what mine is?
GmL

Post by GmL »

I just think one small change that we should have in this forum (if possible) is to have the ability to edit our posts. I have seen forums like this where this is a feature and was surprised to not see it here. This way we could avoid double-posting in a thread to say something. Just a thought.

<edit> Oh my, look at me; just as i was writing this thread i noticed that there is such a button! Sorry.
admin
Site Admin

Post Edit

Post by admin »

Edit feature is now disabled. Here's why: I read every post and if someone were to edit the post after I saw it how could I claim to be fully monitoring the site? What if someone posted and I read it and then they edited the post so it had OA on and I did not know about it I would feel bad. I have only had to edit one post so far for content. If you need changes just let me know and I will edit the posting.
Jake Zimmer
Loveland, CO 80537-6491
(970) 461-9662 Fax
NYBuilder

Post by NYBuilder »

Uofl, is it a supernova?
GmL

Re: Post Edit

Post by GmL »

admin wrote:Edit feature is now disabled. Here's why: I read every post and if someone were to edit the post after I saw it how could I claim to be fully monitoring the site? What if someone posted and I read it and then they edited the post so it had OA on and I did not know about it I would feel bad. I have only had to edit one post so far for content. If you need changes just let me know and I will edit the posting.
Ok now that makes sense. OA was obviously not a issue on any other forum. So the posts are moderated after they are posted? Wouldn't it be easier to moderate them before they appear on the site? Just another thought.

Return to “Post Comments About Discussion Site”