GAOM

Post by GAOM »

Does anyone else have to log in two times everytime to view anything?

For months, i have to login twice in a row in order to actually get logged in... Is it just me? We are slow here in the south, but I cant seem to think Im as slow as AC or CinMI... :shock: It cant be possible... :mrgreen:
admin
Site Admin

Logging in

Post by admin »

I almost never log in since I use the same computers every day. Even if I close the window it comes back logged in again. Only when I have a spammer try and sign up do I have to log in (equivalent to everyone’s logging in twice) to edit the site. As long as you use the same computer you should stay logged on as long as you check the "always keep me logged on" box. I have everyone sign in because of two reasons. Spam, and keeping away anyone who would want to penalize teams for no good reason. I had one individual with the old freestyle site that used to pin every mistake of every team online on my shoulders and even call me at work just to tell me how angry he was with me. Well that's about all for now. Let me know if the check box thing works for everyone else.
Jake Zimmer
jake@specializedbalsa.com
Specialized Balsa Wood, LLC
405 8th Street SE Unit #2
Loveland, CO 80537-6491
(970) 461-WOOD (9663) Phone
(970) 461-9662 Fax
http://www.specializedbalsa.com
NYBuilder

Post by NYBuilder »

The automatic log-on system works fine on my computer, but I can assure you GAOM that having to log on twice is not just a southern thing. Whenever I use another computer, I have to go through that.
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

I'm from GA also, and I also never have to log in ;). The board always "remembers" me.

One thing you may want to try is deleting your cookies, and then selecting the "always remember" box. I have found that many problems with logging into forums can be solved by just deleting your cookies. That is the first thing I try.
ClarkInMI

Login Security

Post by ClarkInMI »

I work at a security conscious supplier to the Defense industry and take care to log out after every discussion session, and I login fresh every time. I do not have the automatically log me in option ticked, and I do not have my browser settings "remember" my login. I do, however, use the same computer to access this site every day. Still, I only login once in order to get here. Suggest there may be something in the security settings for your browser, GAOM. Although I have no idea what that would be. The suggestion to delete all cookies then re-establishing identity with this site might be a good place to start.
ClarkInMI
Arkie Coach

Post by Arkie Coach »

I've had to log on every time for the last several weeks, despite "asking" the site to log me on automatically. Haven't cleaned the cookies for a while though.

Speakin' of cookies... Hey Peachy Boy, I swear I just saw you on the Jerry Springer Show! Man, how did you get on? They keep turning me down! (Pro'ly cuz I growed up in Chicager, and they cain't trust me with my own kin, whut with the 'strainin' order and all.)

AC

Return to “Post Comments About Discussion Site”